OPTEK 710 Air Bearing Stage
Stages - Overview
Operations Technology, Inc. is now offering its field-tested, Precision Stages to Original Equipment Manufacturers. No other company offers the speed, accuracy, repeatability, reliability, and ergonomics that are inherent to these systems. There are five 'standard' sizes available and any of these can be optimized for a particular customer's requirements using OTI's in-house design and fabrication capabilities. Following is a more detailed listing of the system's configuration and capabilities.
Stages - Explanation of Benefits
- AN ACCURACY GREATER THAN 4 MICRONS
- This is a conservative statement that applies to all models. In fact, the smaller the machine the more accurate and repeatable it becomes. A typical 'range' of readings over 4 hours on a worst-case distance measurement would be less than 1.5 microns.
- A REPEATABILITY GREATER THAN 3 MICRONS
- Readings in a controlled environment can be held to 3 microns - or less.
- STAGE SPEED FROM 20 - 30 INCHES PER SECOND
- No other competitor offers these speeds which are 'standard' on all OPTEK precision stages.
- PRECISION GRANITE BASE AND BEARING 'WAYS'
- The split-axis configuration of our stage systems ensures that there is no negative interactivity between the X and Y axes.
- AIR-BEARING OR PRECISION MECHANICAL BEARING STAGES
- Minimizes drag and greatly enhances repeatability and accuracy.
- LINEAR MOTORS OR SERVO DRIVEN BALL SCREWS
- These superior drive systems generate no heat and position to a small fraction of a micron.
- 1/10TH MICRON SCALES IN X & Y & Z AXES BONDED TO GRANITE
- The most advanced scales on the market featuring quasi-absolute encoder markings to streamline the 'homing' sequence.
- CENTER DRIVE IN ALL 3 AXES
- Reduces asymmetric thrust and eliminates the necessity for a separate (slave) scale.
- NO NOISY, EXPENSIVE & FRICTION-INDUCING BELLOWS
- Most competitors still use these outmoded components.
- NO PINCH-POINTS
- There are no pinch points in the front of the machine and the rear of the machine is typically protected by a one-piece, fiberglass hood.
- STAGING RANGE FROM 12" X 12" X 8" TO 50" X 36" X 12"
- A broad range of standard stage sizes allows the customer to choose a size that best fits his floor plan - and budget.
- INDUSTRIAL GRADE, RACKMOUNT COMPUTER (OPTIONAL)
- All computers are assembled, tested and burned-in for 24 hours. CPU, RAM, Windows OS and Hard Drive of your choice.
- MODULAR CONTROL UNIT WITH 3-AXIS JOYSTICK & TRACKBALL (OPTIONAL)
- Permits precise positioning of the stage and allows coarse/fine adjustment of X, Y, & Z Axes.
- ADJUSTABLE, ERGONOMIC, CONTROL POD (OPTIONAL)
- Allows for optimal positioning of the seated or standing operator.
- LARGE HIGH RESOLUTION MONITOR (OPTIONAL)
- Standard with optional control pod (above).
- FULL SIZE KEYBOARD AND CORDLESS MOUSE (OPTIONAL)
- For advanced programming of controllers and software.
- I/O BOARD, TEMPERATURE MONITORING PROBES, AND LOGGING SOFTWARE (OPTIONAL)
- Integral software monitors and logs both transport and machine base temperatures.